It will be a night to remember as South Africa’s most talented singers and performers celebrate the best local music has to offer.
The SAMA 23 stage will erupt with stunning musical notes.
Watch out for the fusion of rock and hip-hop to kick off a night of musical excellence featuring rap royalty Khuli Chana and Kwesta.
The Afro Pop segment will provide a distinctly African flavour led by vocal powerhouse Kelly Khumalo.
Don’t miss a surprise veteran act that has made gospel history in many fronts as they team up with exciting new talents for harmonies we won’t forget quickly.
Expect fireworks as urban maskandi, Afro pop and hip hop acts deliver a mesh up of sounds, beats and influences that will keep the Superbowl on its feet.
Gospel’s brightest stars like Dr Tumi and Lebo Sekgobela will ascend the stage for a powerful and spirited medley.
The finale will be a high energy collaboration.
Nhlanhla Sibisi CEO of RiSA comments: ‘It promises to be magic. It will be lit. You cannot afford to miss what the creative team has put together to show off just what South African music is all about. We look forward to a great night of surprises and music moments that will be told for generations to come.’
- Tickets are available at Computicket at R395 for General and R795 for VIP.
- The main SAMA 23 event on 27 May 2017 will be broadcast live on SABC1 at 8pm.
- The annual South African Music Awards (SAMA) are organised by the Recording Industry of South Africa (RiSA)
- Sun City in the Province of Bokone Bophirima is the host of the 23rd edition of the SAMA, SABC is the official broadcast partner
- The SAMA23 awards show will be streamed live on (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sama-s/id1109255806?mt=8)on or (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app_sama2016.layout&hl=en )
- SAMA23 is brought to you in partnership with North West provincial government, Department of Arts and Culture, SAMPRA, CAPASSO, SAMRO, Ekurhuleni Municipality and Gauteng province.