The race for the SAMA 23 Record of the Year Award has hit the home stretch. SABC1 music show Live Amp, will tomorrow night hit a crescendo when they reveal the last standing 10 tracks in line for the coveted SAMA award following four weeks of campaigning and a hard fought public vote.
Following the revelation, fans are encouraged to vote further to ensure that their favourite songs stay till the end and eventually scoop the trophy on the big night.
Complete list of Top 20 SAMA 23 Record of the Year finalists
- AKA – One Time
- Amanda Black – Amazulu
- Babes Wodumo – Wololo (featuring Mampintsha)
- Black Coffee feat Mque – Come With Me
- Black Coffee, Shekinah – Your Eyes
- Bucie feat. Black Motion – Rejoice
- DJ Clock feat Prom Knights – Wolves
- DJ Ganyani – Talk to Me
- DJ Speedsta feat Yung Swiss, Tellaman, Sha – Mayo
- Euphonik & Mi Casa – Don’t Wanna Be
- Goodluck – Thinking About You
- Kwesta – Ngud
- Locnville – Cold Shoulder
- Matthew Mole – Run
- Miss Pru DJ – Ameni
- Mobi Dixon feat Inga Hina – Trigger
- Musa – Mthande
- Nasty C – Hell Naw
- Sketchy Bongo & Shekinah – Let You Know
- Timo Odv – I Need You
RiSA CEO Nhlanhla Sibisi comments: ‘It looks like we’re set for a nail-biting finish. It has been an exciting race so far and we cannot wait to see who will still be in the competition. All will be revealed tomorrow(19 May 2017)’.
- Tune in to Live Amp on SABC1 at 19:30 to see which records out of the top 20 have survived the axe in the public vote.
- The main SAMA 23 event on 27 May 2017 will be broadcast live on SABC1 at 8pm.
- The annual South African Music Awards (SAMA) are organised by the Recording Industry of South Africa (RiSA)
- Sun City in the Province of Bokone Bophirima is the host of the 23rd edition of the SAMA, SABC is the official broadcast partner
- The SAMA23 awards show will be streamed live on (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sama-s/id1109255806?mt=8)on or (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app_sama2016.layout&hl=en )
- SAMA23 is brought to you in partnership with North West provincial government, Department of Arts and Culture, SAMPRA, CAPASSO, SAMRO, Ekurhuleni Municipality and Gauteng province.