Everything you need to know – before you go!
In partnership with etv, Kaya FM 95.9 and Johannesburg City Parks
With just days to go before Emmarentia Live debuts at picturesque Emmarentia Dam for National Women’s Day on Tuesday 9 August, eager festival fans are already packing their picnic baskets and getting ready for a beautiful day outside in the Joburg sunshine.
Here is everything you need to know, before you go.
What You Can Look Forward To
Emmarentia Dam will be transformed into a festival playground for all ages:
- A wine and beer garden, serving delicious Savanna Premium Draft and bubbly from JC Le Roux and other drinks
- Gourmet craft food trucks, with an array of dishes including Halaal and vegetarian
- Three festival areas: standing, seated/picnic, and a dedicated kids play area where etv will have a TV area set up just for the little ones
- Get refreshed with Manhattan Ice Tea – try one of their delicious flavours, perfect for the kids
- Enjoy some pampering at the Kaya FM area
- Visit the Edgars stand where ladies and girls can “bedazzle” their denim
- Take selfies with the colourful festival décor as your backdrop
- Enjoy a great day out with friends and family!
Line-Up & Times
Gates open at 9:00 and the event ends at 18:00
09:00 – 10:00 DJ
10:15 – 11:15 Bad Peter
11:30 – 12:30 Gangs of Ballet
12:45 – 13:45 Freshlyground
14:00 – 15:15 Mango Groove
15:30 – 16:30 Mi Casa
16:45 – 17:45 Goodluck
Tickets and Parking
Tickets are on sale online at www.EmmarentiaLive.co.za
- Adults: R299 per person
- Children (6-12): R50 per child
- Kids under 6 get in free
- Tickets will be on sale at the entrance on the day: R349
There will be dedicated parking areas at Roosevelt High School and Mark’s Park for only R20 per parking, but let’s not park on people’s verges or driveways. There will be tuk-tuks transferring people from the parking lot to the festival area. Don’t pay illegal car guards.
Getting There and Back
Do Not Drink & Drive. Carpool or take public transport. Emmarentia Live’s official transport partner is Zebra Cabs. Book your ride to and from Emmarentia Live online at http://zebracabs.co.za/book-a-zebra-cab , call Zebra Cabs on 0861 105 105 or download the Zebra Cabs app from Google Play or the App Store.
Emmarentia Live Is Cashless
We’ll have a cashless system to make it easier and quicker for you to get your wine, craft beer, food and soft drinks for the kids! You’ll simply need to load money onto your cards when you get there.
Join the conversation online with #EMMARENTIALIVE.