Former Miss South Africa, now Businesswoman Joan Ramagoshi Madibeng is proud to announce the inaugural Women The Real Architects of Society Awards, an extension of the yearly Women: The Real Architects of Society gala dinner. Established in 2010, the gala event has recognized and celebrated active women contributors in society and has provided a networking platform for women to connect and forge strategic partnerships.
The Women Real Architects of Society Awards 2016 aim to recognize outstanding achievements by women in different fields by conferring annual awards of merit for their work. The awards will celebrate women for their continued pursuit of excellence.
Announcing the opening of the nominations, Joan Ramagoshi Madibeng, Founder and Director of Real Architects, said “In the last twenty years South African women have made strides in the public and private sector, they have been instrumental in building confidence and skill towards economic development. “This awards ceremony is a platform that honour and celebrates woman from all walks of life, awarding different women categories in one event. The aim is to celebrate the outstanding achievements made by women in the world of business, community and leadership in South Africa. We are commemorating 60 years of the women’s march to the union buildings and this year we are dedicating these awards to the brave women and unsung heroines of yesterday and today.“
To enter the awards, organizations, community leaders, and departments are invited to submit their entry form and a recommendation letter on why they feel the person they are nominating deserves to win. These must be accompanied by a brief biography of the nominated person and a list of their past achievements. The nomination period opens on the 15 June and closes on 30 June 2016, after which finalists from each category will be shortlisted by our adjudication panel. Nominees will be invited to the Awards ceremony where the winner in each category will be announced, which will take place in Kyalami – Johannesburg at the Theatre on Track on Saturday 20 August.
Selection criteria will look at the impact of the person’s influence and their intervention in the community and how they’ve used their status to change or advance the society.
Please visit www.realarchitects.co.za for the rules document and entries form. Entries open 15 June 2016 and close 30 June 2016. Should you have any queries regarding the entries process please do not hesitate to email Nicole on firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries Accepted in seventeen Categories are:
SOCIETY & COMMUNITY AWARDS
Community Excellence Award
This award recognizes a woman who has made exceptional, long-term contributions to the well-being of her community i.e.: contributing to either children’s home; old age homes, drug rehabilitation centres, etc.
Entrepreneur Excellence Award
- This award honours individuals who exemplify the spirit of entrepreneurship by creating new businesses and services that are successful, sustainable and growing. The award recognizes local entrepreneurs for their ingenuity, perseverance and positive impact on the community.
Youth Achiever Excellence Award
- This award salutes and recognizes a youth (between the age of 18 to 35) who has demonstrated outstanding contributions to those that are less fortunate, a youth that has given back to her community.
ARTS, CULTURE & SPORT AWARDS
Literacy Excellence Award
- This award recognizes writers who have contributed to the development of literary excellence within the community.
Music Excellence Award
- This award is for a woman that has made a significant contribution to the performing arts in music, such as uplifting the community/youth, development projects and education programs. [The individual can be a vocalist artist, music teacher/coach, choirmaster, etc.]
Drama Excellence Award
- This award is for a woman that has made a significant contribution to performing arts in drama, such as plays written and/or produced; action in verse; mime; formal or popular work; and drama development projects. [The individual can come from the different drama forms of small screen TV, theatrical shows, etc.]
Dance Excellence Award
- This award is for a woman who has made a significant contribution to the disciplines of ballet, traditional, modern and contemporary dance in the country, such as choreography, formal articulation, popular projects, development projects, dance fusion projects and youth dance training programs.
Visual Arts Excellence Award
- This award recognizes a woman [artist] in the fields of drawing, painting, sculpture, graphic design, photography, moving image, filmmaking and fashion design. Entrants will be assessed on creativity, level of commitment to developing skills and ideas and achieving a body of work.
Athletic Excellence Award
- This award recognizes an athlete (able bodied and/or disabled bodied) that has represented the country in a sporting event and has excelled in her achievement.
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Education Excellence Award
- This award recognizes and honours a woman educator who has demonstrated commitment and dedication to the teaching profession, with outstanding loyalty and devotion to her learners. A teacher with exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provides models of excellence for the profession, with engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues and the community.
Healthcare Excellence Award
- This award recognizes a woman who has shown innovation in healthcare management that is focused on the patient, the carer and/or the general public.
Mining Excellence Award
- This award recognizes a woman who has contributed achieved excellence in the mining industry through contract mining, engineering, projects, and services over the last 12 months that has gone over and beyond her call of duty.
Architectural & Construction Excellence Award
- This award recognizes recently completed architectural projects [i.e.: housing, roads, etc.] lead by a woman. Entries are judged on how they reflect excellence in architectural / construction design and practice.
Agricultural Excellence Award
- This award recognizes a woman from all parts of the industry, including cattle, vegetables, timber, citrus, row crops, equine, horticulture, tropical fruits, sugar cane, dairy, agricultural journalism, and agricultural education and outreach for her outstanding contribution to agriculture in the province.
Justice Service Excellence Award
- This award recognizes a woman who has demonstrated high standards of excellence and dedication of justice within the community through pro-bono work in legal matters and/or the development and support from law enforcements within a community.
Marketing and Communications Excellence Award
- This award recognizes a woman who has achieved excellence in a marketing campaign for a company, organisation, or association.
ICT Industries Excellence Award
- This award recognizes a woman who has shown outstanding commitment to the ICT industry through continuous career development and professional achievements. The individual will have risen to a senior ICT role, earned a reputation as an esteemed thought-leader and recognised as a leader in the industry, and may also act as a role model/mentor to other aspiring female managers.
The below special categories will be nominated by the adjudication panel and are not open for entry:
- Rising Star Award
- Unsung Heroine Award
- Icon of the Year: real Architect of Society Award
The Real Architects of Society Awards will bring together women and professionals in various industries to celebrate the outstanding women who are shaping our communities.
TICKETS: Individuals or companies wishing to attend the awards ceremony, tickets are now available at info@realarchitects or call 061 652 9952
ABOUT Women: The Real Architects of Society Awards
Women: The Real Architects of Society Awards (WRASA) exist to recognize accomplishment of South African Women by celebrating those individuals who have excelled in the past year. The event which has been honouring women since 2011, is intricately woven into the spirit of African women and combines dialogue, networking, music, fashion and arts.
ABOUT Joan Ramagoshi Madibeng
Joan Ramagoshi Madibeng is a former Miss South Africa and businesswoman. She has been at the helm of Communications in Soccer, having worked for one of South Africa’s celebrated soccer club Mamelodi Sundowns FC as head of Marketing. Madibeng is a co-founder of RBJ Marketing, Director of Terra De Africa, Philanthropist, Brand consultant, Motivational speaker and most of all a wife and mother to two beautiful children.