Before talking about this LP, I feel it would best that we first get to know a little more Jon Kennedy.If you visit his website jonkennedy.co.uk, you would learn that he runs his own record label and is a DJ/ Producer but these are just some of the amazing things he does. So let’s found out a little more about him and the LP.
Yule: You’ve been in the industry for 14 years now, congratulations it’s truly an achievement to have such a great longevity. 14 years in the music industry, you’ve seen it all, besides staying true to your sound, what has been the key to your longevity?
Jon: I guess having a driving force inside to pursue this career and never work for a corporate, depressing workforce ever again. Of course you can make a lot of money in this industry but you can also make a good honest living too, rather than work 37 hours in the same office, with the same people you want to stab in the face.
Yule: How have the years influenced your remixes LP sound?
Jon: I have become more matter-of-fact. I used to write and write, endlessly with no real direction. Now I try to use my time wisely and write things that definitely will be released and enjoyed, rather than “stoned” ideas that never get finished.
Yule: Which message do you wish to convey with this LP?
Jon: No message as such really, they are a collection of tracks that I think work together. I hope others feel the same 🙂
Yule: Putting together such an amazing package couldn’t have been easy, how long did it take and what was the thought process selecting from the mass remixes you got?
Jon: I initially went through a long list of producer, people I respect, and trust and whittled it down to these. The final list is a collection of good souls, musical talent and legends of the scene.
Yule: Finally, I believe this LP should be shared with the masses, will 2015 see you embark on another world tour?
Jon: Yes indeed. I have extensive tours coming up the full list is here: www.jonkennedy.co.uk/events
01. Boom Clack (Chris Karns Remix)
02. Funk Boutique (Soulparlor Remix)
03. Rock The Beat (feat Ashley Slater) (Innereyefull Remix)
04. Flow (Sparkle Darkly Remix)
05. Tonto Rides The Gain (Kapibara Remix)
06. Electronic Sound Pictures (Jonny Miller Remix)
07. Pronounce Your Shit (feat Q&C) (Covershocks Remix)
08. Live My Life (Blend Mishkin Remix)
09. Blue Light (Nemoy Remix)
10. Air Force One (feat Andre Espeut) (Slippery Jack Remix)
11. You Are The Fire (feat Amie J) (Dopedemand Remix)
12. Bossa No Var (Spikey Tee Remix)
13. Some Strange Folk (Scarlet Pimpernel Remix)
14. Shine So (Maker Remix)
15. The Parade (dbridge Remix)
16. Flow (Markey Funk Remix) [Bonus Track]
17. Tonto Rides The Gain (Steve Cobby Remix) [Bonus Track]
18. Flow (Nate Connelly Remix) [Exclusive To Bandcamp]
19. Electronic Sound Pictures (Gripper Remix) [Exclusive To Bandcamp]
20. Air Force One (Anatoly Ice Live Version) [Exclusive To Bandcamp]
21. Some Strange Folk (Funkin Jay Remix) [Exclusive To Bandcamp]
22. The Parade (Philip TBC Remix) [Exclusive To Bandcamp]
Each track represents its own sound, so we have a mixture of different sounds ranging from Hip Hop, House, Rock and so forth. You really to appreciate the selection process as to what it brings forth as a final product. 15 distinct songs with 7 bonus songs make it great listening pleasure.
It took me back to a time of exploring music in all its diversity.
What I feel Jon Kennedy has done here is packaged a journey of his sounds into a LP that will be appreciated by a vast audience. I can’t say much about it because I am still astonished at how beautiful it sounds and the diversity within it. Odds are, you will hear a lot his songs this year.
To learn more about Jon Kennedy or get in touch with him, make sure to visit his website jonkennedy.co.uk , you won’t regret it.