I caught up with one of FRQNCY Music’s upcoming artists, Tsietso Letlojane, also known as Tee-Jay, for a quick interview. He has already performed at various music festivals across the country with well known musicians and groups like Mafikizolo, The Soil, Donald, Zahara, Ringo and many more.
Please checkout the interview below:
– Tee-Jay is a young, vibrant singer/songwriter from Carltonville, West of Johannesburg.
– Growing up in Khutsong with no exposure and facilities to help me get to where I needed to be was not easy. I faced many challenges trying to pursue my music career on a professional level but in my 20s I made friends with local producers with bedroom studios, that’s when I was able to record demos and try break into the music industry.
– I’ve always aspired to be a musician, in Primary School I was part of a boys’ choir and later in High School I became a choir master. I was always known for my husky and soulful voice.
– The song is inspired by real life situations that I think everyone goes through in life. It’s a song about being in love with the woman of your dreams and that dream being a reality. It’s an audio love letter that anyone across the globe can dedicate to their loved ones.
– The song can be streamed and downloaded at www.soundcloud.com/frqncymusic. It will soon be available for purchase on iTunes and all digital music stores.
– I’m currently working on an album and I’ve recorded almost half of it, if not more. There is no release date yet but it will definitely be later this year.
Thanks for reading the interview. If you’d like to interact with Tee-Jay you can connect with him via social media,
Facebook Page: Tee-Jay
For bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Kgomotso Motsaanaka