Fresh of the release of his EP launch, I stopped Nuno for a short interview to find out a little more about him.
1. So one day, Nuno woke up and said “hey, let me start producing” or what really happened?
Haha, nah….used to fool around mixing on VIrtual DJ because it’s what I wanted to be – a DJ. Eventually came to a point where I got so caught up in listening to the tracks where I felt I could do what my favourite producers did. One day a friend of mine came to my house with Fruity Loops 4 and showed me the basics. Ever since then, I’ve been messing about and learning how to make tracks!
2. What has producing taught you as a DJ and as a person?
Learn to explore and experience more. Not just in music, but in life as a whole. I’ve gained so many valuable lessons that way, just by listening to other genres of music and meeting new people! I’m a very shy and reserved person and it’s taught me how to break out of that shell.
3. ‘Searching For Love’, debut EP. Is this a discreet “#HeyBoo” to someone?
Hahaha no, man. I was honestly messing about that day and managed to put some sounds together. I wanted to make something that had a Lovebirds, disco type vibe and that’s what I came up with! The vocals just came by chance haha…
4. What’s the 1st thing you did when Something Different Records contacted you to license your song?
When Jesus Pablo asked for the track I didn’t even think about it. I was like you can have it, no questions asked. I think after I realised what had happened I jumped up and down with excitement like a lil boy…
5. Nuno, 2014 and beyond. What can we look forward to? (Music video, launch party, etc)
This is not America, such doesn’t happen, hehe. I’m just going to continue making music and should the opportunity arise to make a video, I will. But for now, just more beats!!
6. Congratulations again. Who would you like to thank?
Without a doubt Jesus Pablo, for him just to hear my song like once and seeing talent in me and believing that I have what it takes says a lot, and for that, I am forever grateful for giving me the opportunity to realise a long-term dream.
Also I’d like to thank Terry Grant and Junior for creating fantastic remixes, it really gives great perspectives to the track. Also I’d like to the thank Something Different stable. And all those who’ve believed in me over the years!
7. Final question, has Nuno found love or is he still “Searching For Love”?
Well…I’ve found it and lost it a few times! At the moment I’m searching through my music 🙂