Johannesburg, Friday, 22 April 2016 – Multi-platinum award-winning songwriter and soul singer, TRESOR, received 4 South African Music Award (SAMA) nominations yesterday making him one of the biggest #SAMA22 nominees.
TRESOR’s debut album offering, VII, has garnered him 4 #SAMA22 nominations in the below coveted categories:
- Album of The Year
- Best Pop Album
- Best Remix
- Best Newcomer
“I’m extremely excited and humbled by my 4 nominations. I never dreamt I would get this many nominations in such prominent categories for my first album” shares TRESOR.
TRESOR has been nominated in categories alongside the likes of Black Coffee and his achievements over the past year are definitely testament to the well-deserved 4 nominations.
Here are some highlights TRESOR has achieved with his album, VII, thus far:
- #1 on Italy Dance Chart for single Mount Everest
- Mount Everest charted at #1 on Heart FM, Top 10 on 5FM, Top 20 on GoodHope FM, Italy iTunes and Italy Shazam
- Single Never Let Me Go charted at Top 5 on Heart FM, Top 20 on AirPlay Top 100 Chart and East Coast Radio, Top 30 on Algoa FM and Kovsie FM
- Nominated for Metro FM Music Awards in the categories: Best Remix for “Never Let Me Go (Mobi Dixon Remix)” and Best Styled Artist
- Top 100 most played local artists on radio in 2015
- Held THREE singles in the Airplay Top 100 Chart at the same time.
- VII debuted at #2 on SA iTunes Pop Chart
The above highlights speak volumes about TRESOR’s talent. As a multi-platinum award-winning songwriter, TRESOR has won awards for writing songs for the likes of Zahara. Now TRESOR has stepped up with his VII offering to show South Africa and the rest of the world that he is just as good a singer as he is a writer.
“It’s not often that we see an artist get an Album of The Year nomination on their first album. We at Vth Season are very proud of TRESOR and the success he has had with VII. It’s always great to partner with an artist whose work ethic matches their talent. You can only expect greater things from TRESOR in the near future” expresses Benza, Managing Director and co-founder of Vth Season.
TRESOR’s success in 2015 garnered him international exposure which landed him a worldwide deal with international record label, Ultra Records. The deal includes the release and distribution of his music to North & South America, Canada, United Kingdom, Asia, Australia as well as the Benelux region.
Connect with TRESOR on social media to follow his #SAMA22 journey and for news on his international release.
Connect with TRESOR Riziki:
Facebook: TRESOR Official (https://www.facebook.com/tresor.official1)
Twitter: @TRESOROfficial / @VthSeason